Welcome to JPEFCU
“Welcome to Jefferson Parish Employees Federal Credit Union (JPEFCU), your credit union-proudly serving the financial needs of our members since our charter was signed October 23, 1959”
Phishing and Identity Theft
Jefferson Parish Employees Federal Credit Union…
along with a number of other credit unions have been the targets of many phishing attacks. Fraudulent messages via e-mail, recorded phone calls and text messages requesting members/non-members to visit counterfeit websites or call fraudulent phone numbers have been sent by criminals in random mass volumes.
The counterfeit sites and automated phone systems request credit card numbers and/or PINs. Please be reminded that you WILL NOT be asked for your personal information by JPEFCU or any other financial institution, via a website OR a voice recorded phone call OR text message.
We understand that these messages are going to consumers that do not have accounts with our Credit Union. That does not mean you are not at risk. If you provide ANY banking/credit card information, you are at risk of being victimized.
If you have received an email, recorded phone call or text message, you can assist financial institutions in the fight against fraudulent activity by filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at 877-382-4357. When you call be sure that you provide the FTC with the phone number you have been asked to call and/or the website you have been asked to visit to provide personal financial information.
If you believe you have responded to a message and provided personal information, please contact us immediately by calling the Credit Union at (504) 736-6144.
PLEASE be reminded that you WILL NOT be asked for your personal information by JPEFCU or any other financial institution, via a website OR a voice recorded phone call OR text message.
Did you know?
Falcon is JPEFCU’s Debit Card
Fraud Management System
- Falcon monitors suspicious card activity 24 Hours a Day/7 Days a Week/365 Days a Year.
- Falcon’s system contacts our members via phone initially to validate reported transactions in question.
- Falcon has a New Text Feature which provides real-time, two-way SMS text for quicker fraud identification and prevention; as well as interactive voice and email fraud notifications if no response is received by text or phone calls.Anti-ANI (Automatic Number Identifications) spoofing provides an additional layer of email fraud security.
- Falcon will immediately block debit cards to prevent further fraudulent activity should the transaction result in fraud.
- The Fraud Alert Management Center Number is 1-800-369-4887
- Falcon will place a temporary block on the card if direct contact is not made by the member
- Falcon will never ask for:
- Account numbers/ Card numbers
- Social Security Number
- Online Banking Credentials