to Jefferson Parish Employees Federal Credit Union (JPEFCU), your credit union, proudly serving the financial needs of our members for over 60 years, since October 23, 1959. We’ve come a long way evolving into a full service financial institution and yet, we still practice the same fundamental principles. “Not for profit, not for charity, but for service.”
At JPEFCU, each one of our members is literally an owner and an equal shareholder of our credit union. From the beginning, our primary concern has been to help members safely achieve their financial goals. Our credit union is democratically owned and controlled. As a member and owner of JPEFCU, you have a voice in electing our Board of Directors. Their leadership, along with your input and suggestions, help set the direction of JPEFCU.
Jefferson Parish Employees Federal Credit Union’s field of membership is comprised of employees that come under the jurisdiction of all parish governmental systems in Jefferson Parish including, but not limited to:
- Jefferson Parish employees
- Jefferson Parish Clerk of Court
- East Jefferson General Hospital
- Jefferson Parish Council on Aging
- Jefferson Parish Economic Development Commission
- The District Attorney’s Office
- The Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office and members of JEFFSO Credit Union
- City of Kenner
- City of Harahan
- City of Westwego
- City of Gretna
- Town of Lafitte
- Town of Grand Isle
- East Jefferson General Hospital employees, doctors, medical staff, and technicians
- Employees of The Rehab Center and Allied Pharmacy Management who work at the East Jefferson General Hospital
- Employees of Metairie Physician Services, Inc. who work in or are paid from Metairie, Louisiana
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this Credit Union
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment
Once a Member, Always a Member!
By opening your primary share savings account with your minimum initial deposit of $5.00, you become a shareholder of JPEFCU.* Whether you leave your employment, retire or relocate, you can still call JPEFCU your Credit Union. Once you join the Jefferson Parish Employees Federal Credit Union and retain your membership in good standing, you can always remain a member.
Our Extended JPEFCU Family Includes Your Family
Your membership entitles your immediate family members to join JPEFCU. Your immediate family members are defined as your mother, father, brother, sister, husband, wife, children, step children, step siblings and step parents. Once they join the credit union, they become eligible to participate in all the benefits and services that JPEFCU membership allows you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. When you open an account at JPEFCU, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
*Nominal fees may apply for some of our products and services. Please refer to our JPEFCU Fee Schedule for more information.